Chicken forms an essential part of a baby’s balanced diet as it is an excellent source of protein. Chicken easily purees to a nice consistency and babies seem to take to it much quicker than they do with red meats and because of that, it makes an excellent first meat for babies. In this post, I share with you some easy to make chicken baby food recipes. From a basic chicken puree to a delicious mild fruity chicken curry:
Easy Chicken Baby Recipes
Chicken baby recipes – Basic chicken puree
- Boil or steam 200g of boneless chicken until cooked through entirely. Save the cooking liquid.
- Puree chicken and add a bit of the cooking liquid or cooled boiled water if you want a lighter consistency.
- You can combine the chicken puree with one of the following cooked and pureed ingredients.
Chicken and Carrot Puree (from 7 months)
- 150g Carrots or 1 large Carrot, Washed, peeled and diced
- 200g Potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 200g Boneless chicken fillet cut into pieces
- 300 ml Water or homemade chicken stock for cooking
- Bring the water to the boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and the chicken pieces. Cover and cook on medium heat until the carrots are soft and the chicken has cooked through completely.
- Puree everything to a smooth consistency adding a bit of boiled water or breast milk if you think the puree is to thick. Freeze in airtight baby food storage containers.
Chicken ‘n’ Two Root Vegetable Pot (from 8 months)
- 150g Carrots or 1 large Carrot, washed, peeled and diced
- 100g Parsnips washed, peeled and chopped
- 30g Onion chopped finely
- 2 Medium sized ripe tomatoes, seeded, skinned and chopped
- 200ml Homemade chicken stock or water for cooking
- 1 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- 220g Boneless chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- Combine all the ingredients in a chemical-free medium-sized saucepan and cook on low to medium heat until all the vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through thoroughly.
- Add a bit more stock if needed. Puree or mash with the back of a fork according to baby’s age.
Fruity Chicken Curry (from 12 months)
This fruity curry is great for the whole family. It has a unique exotic sweet fruity taste. My entire family loves this curry.
To start off, preheat your oven to 437 °F or 225 °C
- 2 Ripe Bananas Diced
- 1 Ripe medium sized Mango washed, peeled, pitted and chopped into small cubes
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons very mild curry powder
- 350g boneless chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut milk and the curry powder in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the curry powder to the coconut milk and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour the curry mixer over the chicken and bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Chop baby food up into small pieces and serve with brown or white rice.
Ingredients that I used for the chicken baby food recipes
- Butternut Squash
- Green beans
- Organic Coconut Milk
Join the newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest content about making money, saving money and lifestyle!